[ECOS] Guidance on loaction of new FLASH device code

Jesper Skov jskov@redhat.com
Sun Jan 13 23:31:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-01-11 at 18:15, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Paul Fine wrote:
> >
> > I am implementing the FLASH device driver for the SHARP LH28F016SCT-Z4
> > Flash Memory module.
> >
> >  From comparing the SHARP specs to the Intel 28fxxx code, I see that this
> > SHARP part seems to fit into the Intel family.  My plan is to add the
> > device information into the flash_28fxxx_parts.inl file.  My only misgiving
> > is the fact that I will be jamming a Sharp manufactured part into an Intel
> > file.
> >
> > Is my plan sound, or do you have any other guidance?
>
> If it would be exactly the same code, then it would be a bigger folly to
> deliberately fork the driver. So go for it IMHO.

Agree. If there's any mistake in that, it would be that I didn't think
to name the AMD and Intel drivers by the standards they support rather
than by the two dominant implementors of devices for the standards.

Jesper