[ECOS] gets() and task scheduling stopped

Sam Sortais sams@myself.com
Fri Jan 11 22:07:00 GMT 2002

> Gary Thomas wrote:
[snip]
> The call trace above implies this isn't the case (no mention of
> hal_if_diag_read_char), but of course this might be wrong. If it is wrong,
> that would indeed explain it.

yes HAL_DIAG_READ calls hal_if_diag_read_char, which then calls _ENTER_MONITOR() which disable interrupts and lock scheduler as you wrote.

> I know it's a bit late, but I wonder if we should have defined
> CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC_NONBLOCK instead of CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC so the looping
> is done outside of the ROM monitor. Maybe we should, and switch to that?

I misunderstood and replied too quickly when I wrote I will try
CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC_NONBLOCK as I could not find it anywhere.
I did find a CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC_TIMEOUT however, is that the one to use instead or is there another?

Sam.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup