[ECOS] Problem about writing IO device driver

HuangQiang jameshq@liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Jan 8 06:51:00 GMT 2002

Hi all:
   I am trying to write a device (logical) driver for memory mapped IO
device for ARM E7T board. I have a question:

I develope the logical device driver for memory mapped io device follow the
way doing serial device driver.

calling procedure is:

1. install the IO function: DEVIO_TABLE(...)
2. write the logical device driver function: read(), write(), set_config(),
get_config()
3. in read(), write(), set_config(), get_config() call the hardware function
to manipulate the hardware

one problem is that: I need to pass the register address into the
application (call cyg_io_read(), cyg_io_write()) as reading or writing to
the memory mapped io device. but cyg_io_read(), cyg_io_write() can't receive
this extra parameter. So any way doing this? Or maybe I went into the wrong
way. Thanks for any help.

james