[ECOS] redboot problem

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 06:51:00 GMT 2002

flagship wrote:

> Thanks a lot.
> But since it can't work yet, i think is it somewhat configuration problem?
> Here's my redboot build process, are there any problems?
> #ecosconfig new pc redboot
> #ecosconfig import $ECOS_REPOSITORY/hal/i386/pc/current/misc/redboot_FLOOPY.ecm
> #ecosconfig tree
> #make
> #dd conv=sync if=install/bin/redboot.bin of=/dev/fd0
>
> Then, when i use the floopy to boot, it said "no network interfaces found"....... :( Are there any extra configurations should be done?

That should be sufficient. Perhaps it is using a different PCI ID that the
driver doesn't recognise. The driver assumes a vendor ID of 0x8086 and a
device ID of either 0x1030, 0x1229 or 0x1209. Do you know its PCI ID? You
can see everything on the PCI bus by running the pci1 eCos test.

You could also enable the CYGDBG_DEVS_ETH_INTEL_I82559_CHATTER CDL option
and rebuild redboot. That might give more info.