[ECOS] Question about "Running the Program From ..."?

Ravi Kumar B S ravikbs@mindtree.com
Fri Jan 4 03:22:00 GMT 2002

>    I am working on ARM E7T board, once I build the program with eCOS and
>use the Insight to download it to the board. Where will the program be
>downloadded?
It will be downloaded in RAM.
>Is it Flash memory or just into SDRAM? If I would to make the
>program run while I power up the E7T board.(no need for Insight) how can I
>do that? Thanks a lot!

you have to build the application for ROM(CYG_HAL_STARTUP), download it to
the particular address in RAM and then use the BSL to put that application
into RAM.
follow the same procedure as done for redboot.

hope this helps

/Ravi