[ECOS] problem building ecos tests

Rafael Rodríguez Velilla rrv@tid.es
Thu Jan 3 04:44:00 GMT 2002

KALYAN CHEKRAVARTHY wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have build ecos for arm which gave me no problems but when i making =
> tests this is what i get can any one tell me whats the problem
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory =
> `/ecos-d/cvs-1.11.1p1/ecos/build/arm_build/kernel/current'
>
> tools/H-i686-pc-cygwin/arm-elf/bin/ld: address 0x87f3c of =
> /ecos-d/cvs-1.11.1p1/ecos/build/arm_install/tests/kernel/current/tests/bi=
> n_sem2.exe section .bss is not within region ram

  I think that you have exceeded the ram space.
  BSS is the section where lives the uninitilized data. Maybe you have too
big stacks.

  Another possibility is that your linker script is incorrectly set. Is
0x87f3C an address of valid RAM?

--
Rafael Rodríguez Velilla        rrv@tid.es
Telefónica I+D          http://www.tid.es