[ECOS] System timer resolution and TCP/IP package

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Tue Feb 12 10:28:00 GMT 2002

Grant Edwards wrote:

> I just heard from another customer who'd like system timer
> resolution better than 10ms (and he wants network stuff to
> work).  This looks like something I'm going to want to provide
> in the near future.
>
> Is there anything I can help work on or test?

Note: a signicant issue is that courtesy of Axis communications, we are now
working on IPv6 support. This *won't* be in v2.0, but should eventually
appear in anonymous CVS when Axis are happy to do so, and we're happy it
works properly (the work is not yet complete).

But the effect is that there will be two(!) net stacks in eCos, and many of
the files have moved around, so some care with patches will be required.
It's maybe a patch to hold on to until after 2.0.