[ECOS] GDB Problem

Andrew Lunn andrew.lunn@ascom.ch
Mon Feb 11 08:58:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 11:49:36AM -0500, Sébastien Bouthillier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have built the hello.c example using the
> makefile in the same directory. The program has
> been compiled for a i386 pc target.
>
> Now when I try to run the .exe file with GDB, I get
> this error message : "Don't know how to run".

You need to start thinking about host-target systems. You need to load
the image onto the target and then execute it. Run tries to run it on
the local host system.

look at the documentation for the following gdb commands

target
load
continue

typical commands i use for an StrongARM board are

set remotespeed 38400
target remote com2
load
continue