[ECOS] ecosconfig can't find ecos.db

Andrew Lunn andrew.lunn@ascom.ch
Mon Feb 11 00:29:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 11:41:15AM -0800, Nick Kalayjian wrote:
> If I'm in that directory and I type "ecosconfig new edb7xxx", I get an error
> that "Component Depository Database /opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/ecos-work/ecos.db
> does not exist."

This indicates a problem with ECOS_REPOSITORY enviroment variable. How
did you set its value? You need to export it, eg for bash

export ECOS_REPOSITORY=/opt/ecos-1.3.1/packages

I also suggest you learn about another new tool, cvs. 1.3.1 is a
couple of years old now. Is you use anoncvs you can get the latest
code. The process is described on the website.

      Andrew