[ECOS] Putting Redboot on Intel SA-1100 Multimedia Board

Gary Thomas gthomas@redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 17:10:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 17:30, Charles wrote:

> I am having difficulty puting Redboot on my Intel
> SA-1100 Multimedia Board.  I used a programmer to
> program the flash but I get the following message when
> i try and run it.
>
> RedBoot(tm) debug environment - built 19:03:31, Nov  9
> 2000
> Platform: Multimedia development system (StrongARM
> 1100)
> Copyright (C) 2000, Red Hat, Inc.
>
> RAM: 0x00000000-0x00800000
> FLASH: 0x08000000 - 0x08400000, 32 blocks of
> 0x00020000 bytes each.
> FLASH configuration checksum error or invalid key
> RedBoot>

This isn't an error, RedBoot is just telling you that the 'fconfig'
database needs to be intialized.  Try
  RedBoot> fconfig -i
[or if you've got an older image, just 'fconfig' with no options].