[ECOS] i386 RedBoot serial

Ecer, Jiri jecer@Rational.Com
Thu Feb 7 07:02:00 GMT 2002

Kip,

I did have the same problem, but everything worked fine once I switched from
Hyperterm to a different terminal program. Perhaps there are some options in
Hyperterm that make this work as well?

Jiri

-----Original Message-----
From: McAtee, Kip [mailto:Kip.McAtee@SpirentCom.COM]
Sent: February 6, 2002 10:03 PM
To: 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'
Subject: [ECOS] i386 RedBoot serial

Greetings-

I've successfully booted from the pre-built i386 RedBoot
binary to the RedBoot> prompt, but the keyboard and the
COM1 port don't accept input on several PCs.

I'm using Hyperterm at 38400,8,N,1,none with a null
modem cable. I see the boot messages (June 8, 2001 build)
and the Redboot> prompt on both the video and the COM1
port. Should I try a different terminal program?

My compliments and appreciation-
Kip