[ECOS] About running test programs

A Roturier roturier@hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 04:57:00 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I used Windows eCos configuration tool 2.08 to complile and link
the test suite for my Samsung SNDS board successfully.

To test all the functionalities, each small test file was downloaded
into DRAM on board through gdb/ICE/JTAG interface. And after test
file ran to exit, I had to reset board/ICE and re-start gdb all over
again so next test program could be downloaded and run. And there
are tens of test programs out there! :p

I noticed there was a 'Run Tests' choice under 'Tools' menu item in
configuration tool. But its always grayed even I did complile test
suite successfully.

BTW, after a test program ran to end, eCos was in an unknown state(is
this correct?). That's why reset is necessary in my case. So will a
batch processing of test programs be feasible?

Any idea to improve the testing process?

Thanks and Bye,
Roturier