[ECOS] confused about running program on remote target

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 06:03:00 GMT 2002

Erik Reikes wrote:

> I've recently been having problems getting the debugger to insert
> breakpoints and it seems to be a little flaky even running some of the
> example files.  I have a feeling I might have something setup wrong in my
> ecos library, but I haven't figured it out yet.  While I'm here does anyone
> know any special (i.e. non-default) i386 build options that are required for
> proper debugger operation?

Debugging optimized executables is always somewhat unreliable. Build
without optimization (i.e. remove -O2, or change it to -O0). In eCos this
can be done by changing CYGBLD_GLOBAL_CFLAGS, "make clean" and then "make"
from the CLI at least.