[ECOS] problem after telnet to target

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Sat Dec 21 06:32:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 06:29, Shivaji Navale _01307908 wrote:

> thanks for the reply.
>
> On 20 Dec 2002, Gary Thomas wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 08:52, Shivaji Navale _01307908 wrote:
> > >
> > > can someone  help me on this issue.

> > This makes sense - nothing is getting into the board.

> > Why are you building your own image?
>
> we want to hardcode default ip/gw/server address

Fair enough.

> > You could always force network debugging on (look in the RedBoot
> > code) to see what's happening when you try and send data to the
> > box (the debug info should come out on the serial port).
>
> but for the bin image from redhat source page too, serial
> communication is not working on this i486 target; however serial port
> is alright.

I think I'd spend time trying to figure out why.  Serial I/O is
very simple - one should be able to always make it work.  Exactly
what does/doesn't it do?

Perhaps it's a hardware handshake problem.  If your host thinks that
hardware handshake is turned on and the target does not enable it, then
there will be problems.

> > Since PC platforms are all so different, this also makes sense.

> > Are you sure that you don't mean > 1500 bytes?  The RedBoot stack
> > does not support IP fragments which are required for such large
> > packets.
>
> yeah for packet size > one fifty /two hundred  bytes.

I've no idea on this.  I tested it yesterday (albeit on a different
platform) and it worked perfectly up to about 1500 bytes of ping data.

> Also, simultaneous gdb and telnet connections are not possible.
> when gdb is established telnet doesnt work and viceversa.

It's not designed to support multiple connections.  Either you are
using the network connection for RedBoot commands or GDB - not both.
Note: the serial ports work the same way.

Gary Thomas                 |
MLB Associates              |  Consulting for the
+1 (970) 229-1963           |    Embedded world
http://www.mlbassoc.com/    |
email: <gary@mlbassoc.com>  |
gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc