[ECOS] AT91 serial driver

Gary Thomas gthomas@ecoscentric.com
Fri Dec 13 11:02:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 11:58, Jani Monoses wrote:
> Hi
> In january this year Paul Sheer sent an improved serial driver for
> the at91 (eb40).I just came across that tgz today tried it and works
> great.Now SLIP works at 115200 bps just fine.With the default driver
> it loses chars even at 19200bps.
> Paul's main improvement consist in using the peripheral data controller
> attached to the uart - (and SERIAL_BLOCK_TRANSFER) and some buffer flipping
> in the IRQ_handler.
>
> If I polish those files would they be considered for acceptance?
> Maybe after Thomas Koellers AT91 work goes in? Hint,hint ;)

Certainly.  There may still be questions about copyright, etc,
though to work through if you didn't write all of the code and
whether or not Paul Sheer has made an assignment.

Would you be interested in contributing your SLIP code? Hint, hint ;)

Gary Thomas                       |
eCosCentric, Ltd.                 |
+1 (970) 229-1963                 |  eCos & RedBoot experts
http://www.ecoscentric.com/       |
email: <gthomas@ecoscentric.com>  |
gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc