[ECOS] Serial interrupts on the AEB

Gareth . the_african@hotmail.com
Fri Dec 13 02:53:00 GMT 2002

>  you still have to enable UART interrupts by setting bits in its       >
>interrupt enable register. Refer to the datasheet for how to do this.

I have had a go at this. I have set the  Interrupt Enable Register for
UART0, UART1 and UART2. I'm not entirely sure which one is the serial line.
This has no effect though, my ISR function is still not called when data
arrives on the serial line.

I thought stuff like this would be abstracted away by ecos. Isn't that the
point of using an OS, to protect you from having to mess with the hardware
in such a way? I thought there would be an ecos function like
make_uart_interrupts_work(). Or is it because this is so hardware specific
that it is still left up to you to do manually.

Gary Thomas mentioned using the serial driver to do all this. Can anyone
point me at some example code to get me started?

http://www-student.lboro.ac.uk/~elgcb1/

.