[ECOS] General query on eCos and GNUPro Toolkit

Qiang Huang jameshq@liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Dec 11 01:22:00 GMT 2002

There is a EB40 port in the ecos repository. use the CVS to retrieve the
latest eCOS repository and you can get the source code for the EB40 board. I
think you can base on this board and chang it slightly to get your custom
board port for eCOS.  try this link for more detail about CVS:
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html.

-----Original Message-----
From: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of
engineers@ntil.net
Sent: 11 December 2002 06:20
To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ECOS] General query on eCos and GNUPro Toolkit

Hi,

This is a humble request to you all.We are newbies in GNU and eCos but, have
exposure to RTOS and ARM programing.We have developed a board with Atmel
Arm(AT91R40807) taking EB40 as a refrence.

We have to port eCos on to this board.We have net version of ecos 1.3.1(eCos
131.exe) and cygwin (setup ver 2.249.2.5).What are the additional tools
required.If you can provide us with some links it would be very useful.We
are going through the documents provided with eCos,but most of the links
seems to be outdated.

What is the role of GNUPro Tools?Is it required for eCos application
development on arm?Where you can get a downloadable version of that?Also
where you can have the source code of EB40 port of eCos,so that we can use
it as a reference.
Anticipating a quick reply

NTIL Engg.