[ECOS] ok - it's getting better - now eb40a

Shannon Holland holland@loser.net
Sat Dec 7 17:58:00 GMT 2002

I couldn't quickly find 3.0.2 so I downloaded 3.0.4, added the links for
newlib, configured and built everything. Now I can successfully build
redboot for an eb40 target.

I actually have an eb40a so I've been looking though the ecos-discuss
and ecos-patches archives. There was an initial patch by Thomas Koeller
to reorg the eb40 target, then a subsequent patch to that to support the
eb40a (sorry, I forget by whom right now). Then Thomas released another
rework of the eb40 patch last month. The notes say that it will probably
break the eb40a patches...

I haven't been able to find out so far as I'm a bit unclear as to how to
install the new eb40a patches. It mentions an ecosadmin tool? Where
might I find this? I've found ecosconfig of course, but no ecosadmin...

Secondly, and more importantly, what do I need to do to get redboot to
work under the eb40a?

Thanks much!

Shannon