[ECOS] MPC 555/565 Status

Henning Baldersheim balder@captech.no
Thu Dec 5 07:22:00 GMT 2002

Hi

I have been looking around for OS with MPC 555/565 support. ECOS seem to
have the basic stuff. I have downloaded and got it up and running on my
Phytec MPC555 card. So far so good. However I have a couple of questions.

1 - I find an ec555extras.epk file, but I get some errors.
(xxx/ecos/packages/pkgadd.txt : missing) and
(io/ioencoder/v0_1/include/encoderconfig_keys.h : permission denied). How
do I solve that ? Is this soon to be added to cvs ? Is it possible to
ignore the errors so I can have a look at the code.
2 - I see that both the ec555 and cme555 boards have different serial
drivers. Is that necessary ? Should there not be a 555/565 common package
containing all those drivers.
3 - I want to make a package for the phytec 555 and 565 cards. Should they
be organized the same way as the ec and cme package ? I would hope common
stuff could go in a common place.
4 - From the previous mails I see that there might be a patch coming soon.
What is contained and when will it be available ?

Henning