[ECOS] Re: Help in testing IPv6

darth vader darthvid@hotmail.com
Wed Dec 4 19:50:00 GMT 2002

>From: Louis Hamilton <hamilton@redhat.com>
>To: darth vader <darthvid@hotmail.com>
>CC: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
>Subject: Re: [ECOS] Re: Help in testing IPv6
>Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 12:57:07 -0600
>
>Testing IPv6 in an eCos target is challenging but not impossible.  Some
>modifications to the TAHI testsuite
>Perl scripts are required, mostly to pause the test to allow the user to
>manually reboot the target, a requirement
>for some tests.  With a properly configured host running FreeBSD 4.4 w/
>TAHI and IPv6 eCos target I was
>able to successfully execute a sizeable chunk of the testsuite.

Were these chunks conformance tests or interoperability tests?

>Just be sure to utilize the router thread in eCos, which is a port of the
>FreeBSD rtsold, the router solicitation
>daemon, or many tests will fail.

Please excuse me, but I'm a bit of a newbie at this. :)
Can you please explain the router thread a bit?

Our target is an arm based board with RedBoot, but I've heard that routers
can't be run along with RedBoot.  Also, most of the preliminary tests we
have done on our setup is just by compiling test sources with the libraries
built from eCos, uploading it to the target, and executing it with go.  This
is why I thought that the one would have to port the TAHI interoperability
test sources to eCos in order to execute them.  For conformance, I'm still a
bit at a loss on how to get the target to respond.

Thank you very much! :)

Raymund
darthvid@hotmail.com