[ECOS] ecos over arm-elf-gdb --sim target

Mike A embeddedeng@hotmail.com
Mon Aug 26 03:45:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

If I run any of the tests or the example ecos applications on the
arm-elf-gdb with sim target, I get the following error:

C:\rep\examples\examples>arm-elf-gdb hello
GNU gdb 5.2.1
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=arm-elf"...
(gdb) target sim
Connected to the simulator.
(gdb) load
Start address 0xe0000040
Transfer rate: 394464 bits in <1 sec.
(gdb) b main
Breakpoint 1 at 0xe00007fc: file hello.c, line 5.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /ecos-c/rep/examples/examples/hello.exe
ARMulator can't allocate VM page: Not enough core

Why is this happening?

2. Is there an option in arm-elf-objcopy or any other tool to dump the arm
execuatble in elf format that is accepted by ADW or ADX (from SDT 2.51 or

Cheers,
-Mike.