[ECOS] Mixing cpp and c

Jones, Michael Michael.Jones@distefora-protec.de
Fri Aug 16 10:55:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

I've got a little problem here.

I've got a few .cpp files that I would like to add to my (currently entirely .c) project (Target i386).
They compile alright but I can't access any function from the ecos library.

I get messages like:

.../screen.cpp:213: undefined reference to `_diag_init_putc'

When looking into the object file I find that the '_' underscore is added for the .cpp compiled file and not for the .c files. I've checked the documentation of the gcc and I did find a switch with which I can deactivate the underscore but this seem to be ignored. Also I find that the .cpp files compile to a coff-i386 object format whereas the .c files compile to elf32-i386...

Now, as I have seen that a few of you are busy using .cpp in there project I would like to ask you if you could lend me your professional advice on this regards. ;-) Perhaps a working makefile???

Regards,

Michael Jones
Head of Development
DISTEFORA PROTEC GmbH

INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CONDITIONS OR OTHER TERMS OF MERCHANT ABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE USER ASSUMES THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE ACCURACY AND THE USE OF THIS DOCUMENT.

 Visit DISTEFORA PROTEC at the IBC in Amsterdam from 13th to the 17th of September 2002, Hall 10, Booth 10.100 or at the European Outdoor Area 180.

Besuchen Sie die DISTEFORA PROTEC auf der IBC in Amsterdam, vom 13. September bis zum 17. September 2002, in der Halle 10, auf dem Stand 10.100 oder auf unserem Außenstand in der European Outdoor Area 180.