[ECOS] How to make eth1 active for the i386 target in configuration tool

Andrew Lunn andrew.lunn@ascom.ch
Wed Aug 14 02:31:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 02:12:44PM +0800, AL Chane wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      I'd like to add two Ethernet cards on my i386 target. I can initialize
> eth0 in configuration tool, but eth1 is not active (grayed). How can I
> activate eth1 in configuration tool so I can initialize eht1 as well during
> configuration?

Read the ecos.ecm file. Look for the section which looks like

    cdl_interface CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH1 {
        display "Does the hardware provide an 'eth1' device?"
        requires { CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH1 <= 1 }

My guess is that CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH1 == 0. You need to work
backwards and find out how this gets its value. Read the .cdl files in
packages/io/eth, packages/dev/eth/intel etc.

    Andrew