[ECOS] compile redboot error for AT91EB40

shouyi shouyi00@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Sun Aug 11 09:14:00 GMT 2002

Gary Thomas:

thx, the board which I used is very familer with AT91EB40, it is just the EB40 board added 8019 and usb client,

so I want to port redboot to this board :)

If I just remark " #error ", is there any harm to redboot?

And in "Redboot user's Guide", it is said

" exec - Execute a Linux kernel image

NOTE: This command is not available for all platforms. Its availability is indicated in specific platform information in

Chapter 5.", is it available for AT91EB40?

2002-08-11 08:14:00 you write:
>On Sun, 2002-08-11 at 13:00, shouyi wrote:
>> Gary Thomas:
>>
>> but I need the function booting linux, is there some method else?
>>

>Then you need to define CYGARC_PHYSICAL_ADDRESS(x), which typically
>lives in plf_io.h.
>
>Just how do you expect to run Linux on such a platform, which has
>such limited capabilities (no MMU, virtually no RAM, no networking)?
>
>--
>Gary Thomas                  |
>eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
>+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
>gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
>http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |

Yours Sincerely