[ECOS] Ethernet driver for linux synthetic target available

Bart Veer bartv@ecoscentric.com
Fri Aug 9 12:44:00 GMT 2002

    <snip>

    Eric> I'm pretty impressed about the new interest on synthetic
    Eric> target, but I can't figure how everyone manage to do an
    Eric> efficient job without thread debugging support ... Or we
    Eric> have all done our own implementation, and nobody wants to
    Eric> contribute it (for some reasons ...)

I have not done any work on thread-aware debugging for the synthetic
target yet, although it is something I have been thinking about.
Personally I find the synthetic target very useful for my eCos work,
and adding generic I/O facilities will make it more so. Also the more
useful the synthetic target becomes, the more likely it is that
somebody will contribute thread-aware debugging support or fund such
development.

Bart