[ECOS] AT91EB40 wiggler JTAG programmer

Tim Drury tdrury@siliconmotorsports.com
Fri Aug 9 07:26:00 GMT 2002

Ulrich Dahl wrote:
> Hi
>
> I seem to recall that Scott had a problem on the EB40 board were he
> could get redboot_RAM into ram but it seemed like it wouldn't execute
> the redboot code, because he didn't get a prompt in minicom..
>
> I have the exect same problem, angel will load redboot_RAM into ram but
> not execute it..
>
> So I wanted to use the JTAG interface to write redboot_ROMRAM straight
> into Flash, and thus not needing to worry about Angel..
>
> But I will try again, with xyzmodem, maube the problem is minicom..?

It's all coming back to me now....

You did remember to issue 'c' in gdb right?  That starts redboot
running on the board.  Then you have to shell-out of gdb by doing
a ctrl-z so it will release the serial port so minicom can use it.

Remember to start minicom using 'minicom -o'  to bypass any serial
port initialization.  Be sure minicom is setup to use 8N1 @38400.
Hit enter a couple times and the redboot prompt should appear.

Another EB40A issue I had was the clock speed.  That is all fixed
in the patches I submitted.  Hopefully those will get applied to cvs
soon.  The EB40 should be fine.

-tim