[ECOS] Fw: sgml to html

Martin Buck martin.buck@ascom.ch
Wed Aug 7 07:45:00 GMT 2002

Gary Thomas wrote:
> > jade -t sgml -i html -c /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/docbook/nwalsh/sgml.catalog -d ../../packages/pkgconf/stylesheet.dsl#html ecos.sgml
> >

> The problem is that my stylesheets are named differently!

The stylesheets are probably the same, but the catalog is different. You
tell jade that the catalog is in
/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/docbook/nwalsh/sgml.catalog, but it
really is in /etc/sgml.catalog (managed automagically by
install-sgmlcatalog(8) on Debian).

The catalog file in /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/docbook/nwalsh (which
happend to change its name between potato and woody) is just the
fragment that gets inserted into /etc/sgml.catalog by
install-sgmlcatalog but probably shouldn't be used directly by anybody.

Looks like we have to add one more path to packages/pkgconf/rules.doc...

Please note that I know exactly nothing about SGML, so everyhting I
wrote could be wrong. But at least it still makes sense to me after I
just read it again ;-)

Martin