[ECOS] HELP!! RedBoot problem

K. Young Park pkyoung@palmpalm.co.kr
Tue Apr 23 20:34:00 GMT 2002

Lubbock (code name for the PXA250 Dev. board) has two flash memories. One at CS0 and the other at CS1.
The original Intel RedBoot code uses the second flash at CS1. I guess you have your flash at CS0, so redboot cannot find the
valid flash at CS1.
You need to change two points.
1. hal/arm/cotulla/lubbock/current/include/hal_platform_setup.h (The path may differ depending on your redboot version)
-> Change MMU Mapping so that your flash at CS0 is mapped to the virtual address you want.

2. devs/flash/arm/lubbock/current/include/xxx.inl (The path may differ depending on your redboot version)
-> Change CYGNUM_FLASH_BASE to the virtual address you specified in the hal_platform_setup.h

That's all.
Good luck.
-----Original Message-----
From: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com [mailto:ecos-discuss-
owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Thomas Asami
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 10:52 AM
To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ECOS] HELP!! RedBoot problem

Hi,

After running RedBoot on a pxa250 platform, I got
the following messages:

+
ARM eCos

RedBoot(tm) debug environment - built 15:49:04, Mar 27
2002
Platform: Intel(R) DBPXA250 Development Platform
RedBoot* Debug Monitor ()
Copyright (C) 2000, Red Hat, Inc.

RAM: 0xa0000000-0xa4000000
Can't identify FLASH, sorry
FLASH: driver init failed!, status: 8
LAN91C96: Unable to detect device - upper 8 bits = 202
Can't get BOOTP info - network disabled!
RedBoot>

Does that mean that my pxa250 platform's flash layout
problem? Cotulla has 64M flash and sdram, my board has
32M flash and SDRAM, what files I should modify? Please help me,
thank you very much!