[ECOS] Driver questions

Erik Aagaard Knudsen EAK@penell.com
Fri Apr 19 06:02:00 GMT 2002

On the 15. of April there were some questions regarding the devfs pseudo
file system from jyl087 at netscape dot net .

I have posted almost the same questions some time ago, but I didn't get any
response from the Redhat people. I needed the functions for a PPP port
(which is close as being finished by now).

1.	devfs.cxx throws away ioctl calls. I solved that by translating the
ioctl to set_config.
2.	dev_fo_close is thrown away. I solved that by translating the close
to a set_config (there is no such thing as close in eCos).

I think it would be interesting to have some response from the people at Red
Hat working with eCos. Nothing has been done about it in the latest CVS.

Best Regards
Erik Aa. Knudsen
Project Engineer,
Software Engineer, M.Sc.