[ECOS] arm gdb stub: user / supervisor mode

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Fri Apr 12 15:48:00 GMT 2002

Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> The eCos ARM GDB support hasn't been designed to debug user mode, only svc
> mode so you're breaking new ground here!

Actually it's been pointed out (by Mark S) that the current version of
vectors.S in our internal repository may handle this better. It doesn't
support user mode debugging, but it does support debugging of the other
privileged modes better than the current anoncvs version anyway, thanks to
a recent overhaul. To support user mode debugging probably involves forking
the exception handling into two paths early in the exception process. One
way for user mode being interrupted and the other is the current handling.

I've attached it anyway.