[ECOS] Building eCos without gcc

Ashok I. ashok.i@ittiam.com
Sat Apr 6 02:46:00 GMT 2002

Hi

Currently I am trying to build eCos for ARM using ARM Developer
Suite(ADS).

Initially I built eCos using gcc and I tried to use the install
directory contents in the ADS. When I tried to link my appln ,there were
problems because the armlinker does not recognize target.ld.

Also armlinker has no concept of defining symbols as in linker script
for GNU ld.

ARMLINKER cannot give values to symbols in target.ld (for eg _bss_start
) as is the case with ld.

Is it possible to build eCos sources without using target.ld?

Also I found that all the symbols related to target.ld is needed in HAL
package. Can we change the source in this package so that we donot have
to use
target.ld and still be able to build?

Thanks in advance
Ashok I