[ECOS] how use termios_lookup? some question

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Wed Apr 3 19:10:00 GMT 2002

"½Ã
¿µ±Ô" wrote:

> hello.
> My name is Young-kyu, Shin.
>
> I worder about termios_lookup function.
> How use termios_lookup?
> Please, show me some examples.

You shouldn't use termios_lookup. Use the standard termios API, starting
with just using open() with /dev/termios0 or whatever. Make sure your
configuration is set up appropriately under CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_TERMIOS.

> And, My program is transfering between PC to ARM board(customized).
> ARM board is missing some data(not all data) which received binary data(raw
> data of image) from PC.
> following source is termios setting.

If, as you said elsewhere, it works when not decrypting, but doesn't when
using raw data, you are getting an overrun. It _shouldn't_ be in the UART
level if it works 100% when not decrypting (unless you are disabling
interrupts). Instead it is probably an overflow in the software serial
buffers. You can change their size in the the device driver configuration.
They are normally 128 bytes by default. Try increasing to something large
like 64K. If that makes a difference you know that is the cause.

Another option would be to enable flow control - although you may have to
add the support in your serial device driver!