[ECOS] Problems with tests tools

Jesper Skov jskov@redhat.com
Mon Apr 1 23:11:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 19:05, Joel Hansen wrote:
> I'm new to using ecos and I am having problems verifying proper
> installation.  I want to ensure proper installation before I try and port a
> complex app.
>
> OS : linux 7.1
> latest (mid March) version ecos off cvs
> latest (mid March) configtool
> Linux synthetic target
>
> Building and installing ecos for the target using the configtool completes
> w/o error.  But when I compile and link the test tools they have errors.
> Using the configtool or the provided test tool makefile (seperately) I get
> similar errors.
>
> /tools/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: warning: no memory region specified for
> section `.rel.text.cyg_counter_create'
>
> for all links to hello world c program and the linker terminates (using the
> makefile) with
>
> /tools/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: warning: no memory region specified for
> section
> `.Cyg_Mempool_dlmalloc_Implementation::rel.text.resize_alloc(unsigned char
> *, int, int *)'
> /tools/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: address 0x21144 of hello section .fixup
> is not within region rom
> /tools/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: address 0x21144 of hello section
> .gcc_except_table is not within region rom
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [hello] Error 1

What is the target? It may be that its linker script is not up to date,
judging by the errors. Please include the command line causing the
errors, not just the errors.

> When I compile hello world individually and link using sample app
> instructions (ecos tutorials) I get a link error stating that printf isn't
> found.  It seems that I missed some config step. Can anyone help?

You need to configure eCos to include the relevant packages (libc in
this case). Selecting the 'all' template should fix this problem.

Jesper