[ECOS] vrc437x virtual vector support

Jesper Skov jskov@redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 06:05:00 GMT 2001

>>>>> "Jonathan" == Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.com> writes:

Jonathan> Jesper Skov wrote:

Jonathan> And by the looks of it, platforms should indeed be
Jonathan> conditionalising on CLAIM_COMMS really (although the bloat
Jonathan> should be limited if selective linking works for your
Jonathan> target, which it does for mips).
>>  No, they should not be conditionalising anything. The CDL
>> decisions are made and acted upon in the common HAL. The platform
>> code is called if needed and will be linker GC'd if not. At least
>> that was the plan.

Jonathan> Ah, so you _are_ relying on linker GC :-). As you see, I was
Jonathan> hinting that it would be relying on it working. If you're
Jonathan> happy making that assumption (that linker GC is on and
Jonathan> working) then okay, but as long as you realise that's the
Jonathan> assumption being made. I thought in general we tried to hard
Jonathan> code the conditionals on the basis of double checking
Jonathan> assumptions (and reducing compile time).

We could do that - but then we should do it in CDL. No reason at all
to build the file...

Jesper