[ECOS] Using the TCP/IP stack from the anonymous CVS server

Richard Wicks rich@accetnetwork.com
Thu Sep 20 17:13:00 GMT 2001

Eureka! (he said nakedly)

I had my configuration wrong I believe (explanation at the bottom.)  I was
adding CYGPKG_NET_ETH_DRIVERS with ecosconfig and you do not want to do that.
 The "bug" I found wasn't - I was just using the wrong damn driver.

I also discovered that you cannot call init_all_network_interfaces() from
cyg_start.  There are also some other oddities that cause my code that I
wrote under Linux to act strangely under eCos too, but I can work around that
- I just need to study the example code provided.

I thank you very much,
-Rich

--------------------------------------
To anybody else using the XScale IQ80310 board, the following will build you
a kernel that will work with the net component (BSD stack) code.

Anything following a // is a comment and and/or is optional to do.

ecosconfig new iq80310
ecosconfig add net
ecosconfig add CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS
ecosconfig add CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_IQ80310
// CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM includes a device driver for an 82559 and it is
//    included as part of the iq80310 package so it will tell you it's
//    already included, at least it SHOULD
//
// edit ecos.ecc - CYGDBG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_IQ80310_CHATTER - user_value 1
// edit ecos.ecc - CYGDBG_NET_DHCP_CHATTER - user_value 1
ecosconfig check
ecosconfig tree

I highly recommend that you turn on the DHCP_CHATTER.  At my location, either
the DHCP server is VERY slow to respond or the DHCP client is slow.  Probably
our server, but it's useful to know when your board is actually up and what
IP address it has.  I also highly recommend compiling the "server_test.c"
program included in the net distribution since it's the easiest to test with
just telnet.

-Rich