[ECOS] e7t ROM startup

Ravi Kumar B S ravikbs@mindtree.com
Thu Sep 20 08:33:00 GMT 2001

>>>>> "Vipin" == Vipin Mehta <vipinm@mindtree.com> writes:

Vipin> got an ELF image of the same which I subsequently converted to

Vipin> UUE format and burnt into the flash at 0x01830000 address using

eCos ROM startup uses a start address of 0x01820000. You need to

program the image at that address, or change the linker script.

yes we did that thing. we erased the redboot which was there at 01820000 and
did flashwrite of the standalone application image at that address. After
writing when we reset the system it does not execute our application, it
tries to run the angel debug monitor. so we went BSL boot prompt and executed
'rommodules' command which is supposed to list the images in the flash. but
it is not displaying our application which we have put in the flash. why is
it not able to recognise our application?
 i remember reading in e7t user's guide that the application should contain
the module header for it to be considered as a module. we have not done any
thing in this regard. do we need to do it manually? if so could you please
give us an idea about how to do it?

are we missing something thing else?

regards,

ravi kumar