[ECOS] changing ethernet driver

Arif.Abbas@combitechsystems.com Arif.Abbas@combitechsystems.com
Thu Sep 13 00:54:00 GMT 2001

Thanks, Jifl...BUT:

I am still having problems with merging a new "pseudo" driver...
What I did was to add following package in ecos.db:

package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_PPP {
	alias 		{ "PPP ethernet driver" ppp0 }
	hardware
	directory	devs/eth/ppp
	script		ppp_eth_driver.cdl
        description     "Ethernet driver for PPP"
}

After this, I created the CDL:

cdl_package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_PPP {
    display       "PPP ethernet drivers"

    parent        CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS
    active_if     CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS

    implements    CYGHWR_NET_DRIVERS
    implements    CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0
    include_dir   .
    include_files ; # none _exported_ whatsoever
    description   "Ethernet driver for PPP ."
    compile       -library=libextras.a if_ppp.c

    cdl_component CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_PPP_OPTIONS {
        display "PPP ethernet driver build options"
        flavor  none
	no_define

    }
}

Finally I created a nano-template with networking in CT, and then
manaully removed the

package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_NANO current ;
package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_INTEL_I82559 current ;

and added

package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_PPP current ;

in the .ecc file.

But it seems like the build option does not compile the if_ppp.c file,
because when I add lines like "testing" I don't get parse errors...

I don't know if this is because of the activeif statement...

Or if I have failed to actually connect the PPP to upper layers..
You see, in the if_ppp.c file, I never use the ETH_DRV_SC macro.
Instead, I just use the NETDEVTAB_ENTRY macro, and connect the ppp_sc
structure
directly to the ifnet structure  (instead of connecting it to eth_drv_sc and
then
letting it connect to ifnet). this should be enough...right?
Maybe this means that I can't use the CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS as parent?

I am confused...Can anyone out there give me some hints/help/suggestions?
THANKS!

Best regards,
Arif