[ECOS] compilation hello program error

Hong Hsu honghsu@bellatlantic.net
Wed Sep 5 13:16:00 GMT 2001

I wonder which file need to setup i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc as I got an
error when compile hello program?  Since there are only two bin and src
subdirectories in /opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/tools/   Is it normal for my
synthetic target as trying to add /tools/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin to PATH?

make[1]: i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc: Command not found
make[1]: *** [src/hal_misc.o.d] Error 127

Thanks a lot,
-Hong
honghsu@bellatlantic.net

>Before you can build an application,you need to build the eCos kernel
library.  Do this in the directory you ran 'ecosconfig tree'in.  Simply
run 'make'in that directory.

Then you can try building your application.

Note: you might want to try using the "build_Makefile" script which
should be in the same directory as the sample 'hello.c' file.