[ECOS] Serial Driver

Jesper Skov jskov@redhat.com
Tue Sep 4 05:23:00 GMT 2001

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris C <hksbtx@2bzd.com> writes:

Chris> I have wrote a testing program which have 2 threads, transmit
Chris> and receive, are used to test the full duplex of the target
Chris> board. In pc side, I have a serial testing program used to do
Chris> the testing. I did the 3 testing, 1. only transmit to pc (in
Chris> loop) 2. only receive from pc 3. transmit to (in loop) and
Chris> receive from pc (hold on the enter key to send a block of data)

Chris> In case 1 and 2, the serial driver can work fine but it can't
Chris> work in case 3. The problem occured in case 3 was that it can
Chris> work correctly within a short time and then it can't do the
Chris> transmit and receive. I use the Ctrl+C to break the program, I
Chris> always see it break in the idle_thread_main.

Chris> What is the possible problem that cause the program run into
Chris> this function?

Hard to say without seeing the code. But I probably wouldn't have time
to read it anyway.

Chris>  What is the best way to do the debugging?

How about running the serial tests that come with eCos? There's a
testing infrastructure that does what you try to do, and more. See the
io/serial/current/tests/README file - which is a bit out of date, but
should guide you in the right direction.

Jesper