[ECOS] eCos for Cirrus Logic 7312

Chris Sekula chriss@turnpikeglobal.com
Tue Oct 30 07:01:00 GMT 2001

I posted this a couple of days ago, but I'm not sure if the people at
RedHat were able to look at it due to their e-mail problems. A couple of
other people have e-mailed me, expressing interest in this topic, so
I've decided to post it again:

--------------------------

About a month ago, Johnathan mentioned in a reply to one of my questions
about FLASH drivers that Red Hat has been working on a port for the
Cirrus Logic 7312 chip. I was wondering if this has been released to the
public yet? If it has not, do you have any estimate as to when it will
be released? Johnathan also mentioned something about the port being
available through an early access program. What is this?

Cirrus Logic provided a patch for v1.3.1 which will modify the 7212
configuration to run on a 7312 chip. We have been using this, but I
would prefer to use the current version of eCos, mainly because of the
non-blocking serial driver feature. I attempted to modify the current
version to run on the 7312 using the 1.3.1 patch as a guide. The kernel
compiled, but unfortunately, it did not run properly on our board. I
thought this would be a bit easier than modifying the code for the
serial driver for non-blocking behaviour. I'm a bit inexperienced in
tinkering with kernels and serial drivers and can't dedicate the time to
do it properly. I'd prefer to focus on our application software and can
try to fudge non-blocking behaviour on v1.3.1 by performing reads in a
separate thread. However, it would be simpler just to switch to the
current version of eCos if it is available for the 7312.

Thanks for any assistance,

CHRIS.