[ECOS] Serial driver for gcc

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Mon Oct 29 19:08:00 GMT 2001

Richard Wicks wrote:

> I have a board with a PCI interface on it and I would like to replace the
> serial driver that gcc is using with a pseudo-serial driver that uses the PCI
> interface instead.  Writing a device driver for Linux that looks like a
> serial driver will not be a problem but where I'm running into difficulty is
> finding where eCos implements it's serial driver so I can replace it.

There's two serial drivers, the polled one used by diagnostic I/O, and the
interrupt driven one used with eCos apps. It looks like you want the former
since that's what RedBoot uses.

> I've been reading the documentation, but my board does not (seem to) include
> ARCH/PLATFORM/v1_3_x/src/plf_stub.c. I am using an IQ80310 board.

You'll need anon cvs: http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html

Then the file is hal_diag.c

> What file contains the serial driver for the IQ80310 board?

hal_diag.c

> I assume that
> both the redboot binary as well as the application code will have to have
> their serial drivers replaced with the pseudo-driver.  Is this true?

Yes. If you are wanting interrupt driven operation with eCos it's a
separate driver even, under devs/serial/arm/iq80310