[ECOS] 64 bit arithmetic

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 11:10:00 GMT 2001

Sam Sortais wrote:

> An other thing that bother me is let say I would like to do arithmetic
> operations with 64 bits integers.
>
> Is there any type to represent 64 bits variable with eCos ?
> I did see in one of the examples something called (long long)...?

Yes, but that's a compiler issue, not an OS issue. eCos will use long
longs, and if they are real 64 bits or not doesn't normally make a
difference - if the port supports 64-bit usage all it has to do is always
save/restore the full 64 bits.

But the Itanium is not an embedded processor, so don't expect a port for
many years.