[ECOS] eCos broken for Evaluator-7T

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Wed Oct 10 16:12:00 GMT 2001

Chris Garry wrote:

> Doh!
>
> Okay, that explains why the error changed from what I was seeing earlier.
> The actual error I'm seeing when I compile is:
> <-start insert->
> $ arm-elf-gcc -g -o hello -I/eCosBuild/default_install/include
> hello.c -L/eCosBuild/default_install/lib -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib
> /tools/H-i686-pc-cygwin/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/3.0/../../../../arm-elf/bin/ld:
> cannot find libsupc++.a
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> <-end insert->
>
> libsupc++.a does not exist anywhere on my system.  Do I need to change the
> configuration to generate it?

libsupc++.a should be output by the gcc build provided you do a complete
gcc build. The way to do this is download newlib (
http://sources.redhat.com/newlib ) and put symlinks to the newlib and
libgloss directories within that in your gcc source tree. Then rebuild gcc
from scratch and do make all install rather than make all-gcc install-gcc