[ECOS] Real time clock binding

Doris, Thomas thomas.doris@intel.com
Fri Oct 5 07:02:00 GMT 2001

I'm working on a new HAL based on the iq80310. I've coded up my
hal_clock_reset, hal_clock_intialize and hal_clock_read functions in my
<platform>_misc.c file, in addition to my interrupt mask/unmask functions.
I've defined CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_RTC to the appropriate value, and
according to what I can gather from the documentation and the archives, this
is all I should need to do in order to force the OS to bind into my timer
interrupt and use it to control timeslicing in the scheduler.

A previous post points to kernel/VERSION/src/common/clock.cxx as the place
where this occurs. However, all of the code concerned is wrapped in

#ifdef CYGVAR_KERNEL_COUNTERS_CLOCK

which is not defined in my build

I have grepped just about everything in the distro and I cannot figure out
how one is supposed to turn this on. Any help greatly appreciated.

Tom Doris

Intel Communications
Shannon