[ECOS] maybe it is an easy question.

kiki w kiki_wus@yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 16:04:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

I have some questions regarding the startup code,
since I am new to eCos,
maybe these questions are stupid.:), I hope you guys
could be patient and
give me an answer.

Now I can successfully build the application code on
the eb40 board, since
as you probably know on EB40 board, there is a button
which you can  use
to choose the location for running boot software on
either 0x01000000 or 0x01010000.
So far, what I have done are all based on running  the
angel debugger which runs
at the location 0x01000000( lower memory).

My question is: if I want to develop the software on a
custom board which does
not have any debugger pre-installed, how can I use the
eCos and GDB. I thought
ecos should have some functions to generate the
startup code, but what are the
steps to generate the startup code?

I tried to use the eb40 board to simulate a custom
board,
1. disconnect the power of eb40, switch to the upper
memory, then power on the board.
   obviously, now the angel does not run on the board.
2. connect the jeeni with the JTAG interface, by using
the on chip debugger extension.,
   i could use gdb to check and edit the contents of
ARM chip registers, I set
   EBI_CSR0  0xFFE00000= 0x01002535 , EBI_CSR1
0xFFE00004=0x10002435 ( there
   setup should "tell" arm chip where the flash memory
and on board ram locate,
   in this case, the flash memory starts at
0x01000000, on board ram starts at
   0x02000000)
3. download the code into the arm chip via JTAG
interface, but the result is:

   connected to ARM RDI target
0x2020000
   RDI-write: data abort, no memory at specified
address?
   RDI_write: data abort, no memory at specified
address?

so what is the problem? except setting up  the related
registers, what others
do I need  to do to make the above address accessable?
thanks.