[ECOS] Still confused by virtual vectors

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 13:37:00 GMT 2001

Grant Edwards wrote:

> Some boards won't have RedBoot installed, and I'm assuming that
> setting USE_ROM_MONITOR to false is the right way to run on
> those boards.

Not needed. For a start GDB stub ROMs have had VV support since before
RedBoot existed. What this means is that you should implement
CYGINT_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_SUPPORT_NOT_GUARANTEED instead if you want to run
on both old and new boards. Look at hal.cdl for the effects.