[ECOS] Support for multiple flash types

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Fri Nov 16 06:26:00 GMT 2001

It appears from the eCos source tree that only a single type of
flash is supported.  All of my platforms have to support
multiple types of flash (manufacturing and purchasing don't
particularly like single-sourced parts).  In the past, I've not
used eCos's flash driver system at all. Instead I wrote my own
framework that detects the type of flash on the board and uses
the appropriate set of functions to erase/burn.

It would be nice if I didn't have to roll my own flash
subsystem for my current project. How do other eCos users deal
with this problem?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com