[ECOS] ecos on rh6.2(please respond)

shahmilmerchant@aol.com shahmilmerchant@aol.com
Mon Nov 12 00:57:00 GMT 2001

hi
I am try to build ecos on rh6.2
these are the following steps i followed
1) I use the ecos rpm
2) I have an AMD machine and hence i used the software tools for the i386 and

installed binutils,gcc,insight as per the instructions on the web site
accordingly with the PATH modifications.
3) After their successful builds i make my own directory as base/ecos
4) I wanna use ecos on my machine itself i.e not to any external targer
so i configure on
ecosconfig new pc
ecosconfig tree
make
5) After this i assumed that since the target was my native machine hardware
i use the sample hello.c file provided and run it using
gcc -g -Ibase/ecos/install/include hello.c -Lbase/ecos/install/lib
-Ttarget.ld -nostdlib

I get the following errors
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open linker script file target.ld: No such file or
directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

6)now when i try seeing the version of gcc and ld
i somehow seem to see the correct ld version as
ld -v gives me 2.9.5
but
gcc -v gives me
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.91.66/specs
gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)

7) seeing this i try modifying the ecos.ecc file such that i try to change
the
CYGBLD_GLOBAL_COMMAND_PREFIX variable such that i have the default value is s

set elf-i386
but it does not seem to make a difference!

Could someone tell me where I am going wrong....I am using ecos for the first

and doing this as a part of my school project....(and hence running against
time :))
Help of any sort will be welcome.

Thank You
Shahmil