[ECOS] compile error when using newer version ecos configurat ion tool

Chris Gray chris.gray@acunia.com
Mon Nov 5 17:14:00 GMT 2001

Alex Schuilenburg wrote:

> I asked the compiler folks around here.  The answer I got was that
>   "bss" was actually the mnemonic for the IBM/370 instruction that
> zero'ed a section of memory, and hence how the naming of the section was derived.
>
> No-one can recall what the mnemonics actually stood for though - not old enough ;-)

I'd better not admit to having a 360 assembler manual at home then ...

My favourite ASM/360 instruction was the one to set memory to BCD
zero: Zero and Add Packed, it was called. :)

Chris