[ECOS] compile error when using newer version ecos configurat ion tool

Alex Schuilenburg alexs@redhat.com
Sat Nov 3 11:02:00 GMT 2001

Andrew Lunn wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 12:59:48PM -0800, Fabrice Gautier wrote:
>
>>>PS. What does BSS stand for anyway? Answers on a post card please.
>>>

>>I actually think I know that, but I don't have any postcard, sorry...
>>

> Thats OK. I went hunting and found a definition. Blank Static
> Storage. Took some finding. Its one of the acronyms which everyone
> uses but few people actually know what is stands for.

I asked the compiler folks around here.  The answer I got was that
  "bss" was actually the mnemonic for the IBM/370 instruction that
zero'ed a section of memory, and hence how the naming of the section was derived.

No-one can recall what the mnemonics actually stood for though - not old enough ;-)

-- Alex